As CEO of ByBox, I want to share with you the robust actions that we have taken to manage the possible impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business, to continue to provide you with the level of service that you deserve and expect from us in the current circumstances.
The well-being of all of our people, including those who work for you and within our supply chain, is of utmost importance to us.
The situation we all find ourselves in is unprecedented and changing on a daily basis. This makes it difficult to plan, but to mitigate risk our approach at this stage is to be guided by the UK Government best advice, coupled with our already robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Our actions to date have been:
- to emphasise good hygiene throughout all our warehouse and office locations – internal communications both written and verbal have been cascaded on a daily basis to both employees and contractors since the outbreak.
- to provide additional facilities, such as anti-bacterial wipes, hand sanitisers and strong disinfectant for cleaning surfaces.
- to carry out additional cleaning to help with overall hygiene levels.
- to cancel all larger meetings, internally and externally and to stop all foreign travel. Also we have asked any staff to inform us if they have visited Category 1 or 2 countries in the last 14 days.
- to confirm to all staff that any sign of symptoms and they should self-isolate – now further extended to anyone in their household.
- to split our office-based workforce so that we have those who are able, working from home and those in the office are working split days.
Our BCP includes various procedures to mitigate disruption to service levels. These procedures range from enhancing recruitment efforts, obtaining secondary sources for key functions and altering our current distribution centre operations in the event of disruption at any one centre. Given the highly fluid nature of the situation, we are monitoring matters daily to determine which procedures, if any, we will put in place.
Our senior team is meeting daily to ensure that we are proactive as possible. We are continually monitoring the NHS 111 Online and the UK Government information and recommendations. As this situation evolves we will update our recommendations to all our staff and contractors.
For now, we will continue business as usual and we do not envisage any scenario where we have to close down or reduce operations at any of our locations at this time. Should a location be affected, our BCP will be invoked and we will do all that we can to ensure that we minimise disruption whilst keeping everyone safe.
On behalf of all of us at ByBox, we remain committed to being your partner and working together through whatever hurdles there may be in the weeks and months ahead.
As we go forward, we will continue to keep you updated, and please do get in touch with any questions you may have.