Work with us
Join the ByBox team and be part of a company where talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Senior Software Developer
Full-time US Posted: just now
About the ByBox
ByBox is a market leader and supply chain innovator, providing extremely reliable “last mile” delivery of critical replacement parts to the global field service industry. ByBox provides end-to-end supply chain solutions used by hundreds of large businesses in the UK and around the world.
In today’s digital world, every company is a “services” company. Successful companies will be the ones who exceed ever increasing customer expectations. Field service has become a crucial battleground, as delivery windows and SLA’s get tighter. Every service moment is an opportunity to solve, optimize and delight our customers – or fail, and give the competition an opening to exploit. Companies are investing billions to automate and optimize field service workers, but are still failing to achieve world class service because of the inventory modernization gap. Old inventory management approaches are falling apart at the edge of customer service.
ByBox solves this problem through our unique and advanced technology platforms and smart locks which ensure that both the part and the service engineer are at the right place at the right time. Our solutions extend enhanced intelligence, visibility and security to critical spare parts inventory at the dynamic field service edge, turning any space into a secure site to optimize placement of critical parts – so that the parts that matter are in the places that matter in the timeframes that matter, without breaking the bank. In our UK base, we fulfil our mission by providing unparalleled on-time, in-night deliveries through eight strategically located distribution centres, a network of over 30,000 proprietary Smart-Lockers, and a reliable network of third-party delivery services. ByBox is profitable and has global annual revenues in excess of £80M.
About the Job
Design, build and deploy mobile and public cloud applications that enable field service operations for our customers worldwide. Experiment and iterate on our established products and build exciting new ones for emerging markets. Work with a global, cross-functional, remote-first team that values quality, openness, and rapid delivery.
ByBox is gearing up to massively expand the global deployments of our Konnect product suite, particularly in the USA, tearing down barriers to entry for new customers. We are streamlining and modernising the technical core of our products and building out our Azure infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines to drive down our lead times.
We provide the tools and culture needed to help you thrive with remote working whether you’re fresh to the experience, or a remote veteran.
We are looking for a seasoned developer, who strives for technical excellence and is comfortable leading, planning with and mentoring other developers. Ideally, you:
- Approach problems critically and aren’t afraid to ask questions to learn more
- Can constructively challenge things you believe can be better
- Think about the big picture and how small decisions can impact an overall experience
- Assess architecture, boundaries and designs for coupling and cohesion
- Enjoy collaborating with team members, and can work independently to deliver small, frequent improvements towards our goals.
We hope you are enthusiastic about software development practices, continuous improvement, and customer experiences. You should:
- Understand design and architectural patterns, their trade-offs, and how to use them appropriately
- Use automated testing to guide the quality and design of your applications
- Promote refactoring code and systems as you go, from boy-scouting to engaging the team in discussions on architectural improvements
- Drive to ship changes into customers’ hands, to deliver value and gain feedback.
An ideal person would have experience with:
- Hands on experience working with distributed systems and microservices architecture, bonus points if you have experience with Docker in development and production environments.
- 8+ years of commercial software development experience in C#, .NET 5, .NET Core.
- 5+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in Azure.
- Solid understanding of designing and implementing RESTful APIs and using them as integration points with third-party applications.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps) to build, test and deploy along with an understanding of how feature toggles can be incorporated into the process.
- Azure public cloud infrastructure
- NServiceBus or similar messaging systems
- SQL Server
- Cordova/PhoneGap or similar development for iOS/Android
- Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code tools
- Knowledge of TDD, CI/CD and collective code ownership
Where you’ll be working
We have two offices one is in Pleasanton, CA San Francisco Bay Area and another one in Plano, TX, Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. You will have the opportunity to work remotely, visiting one of the offices once a week, work from the either office or flex your time.
ByBox has an incredible team of people across three countries: US, UK and India, specialising in development, quality analysis and product management, all working to understand our customers’ and users’ needs.
We enable our developers with the tools we need:
- Choice of developer machine either PC, or Mac
- Choice of smartphone either iOS, or Android for mobile development and testing
- Visual Studio Professional, JetBrains Rider/ReSharper and Pluralsight subscriptions
- Monthly innovation/hackathon days
- Training/conference budgets owned exclusively by the R&D team
We also offer the following comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability, life insurance
- HSA, or FSA account
- 401k benefits
- 15 days PTO and 11 public holidays
- Please apply in writing to HR including a covering letter and up to date CV
- Email: email@example.com